View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 02:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is very obvious strong bias in the Game Changers, and the film is a terrible information source, but as advocacy flick that promotes veganism, bias is to be expected, and the general message that people can achieve high levels of athletic performance on vegan food comes across pretty well, and the film is entertaining enough.

Namai is mentioned a lot here so I just want to discuss the probability of steroid use. It is reasonable to suspect his use for various reasons, but that's not to say he definitely has used. It is truly remarkable when a natural body builder is able to compete with steriod users on a pro stage (where everyone is on the juice). If and when that happens, the natural competitor is a genetic freak when it comes to building muscle.

The strongman, Patrik Baboumian, is also a remarkable individual, but it's not at all unlikely that he has used steroids at least at some stage of his professional body building and strongman career.

Other featured athletes in the film may also be steroid users. It's very likely that some are seeing that steriod use is common in elite level sports. However, since this is true across the board, it does not represent a competitive advantage per-se. However, it is reasonable to consider that the 'gains' promoted in the film are not in the spirit of full disclosure as to how exactly these athletes achieved those levels of performance.

That said, I have no to reason to claim that being a vegan disadvantages an athlete as such, and I think the main message of the film is to bust the myth that you cannot attain high level physique or physical performance as a vegan.

While I haven't researched the other individuals, Nimai has stated categorically that he has never used Steroids, only PLANTS. It also seems to me that your casual mention of all those folks and steroids, is 'working the spin' to make a point that you have no proof of. In other words, rumour production. And we should all be careful to not do that. People's reputations are always at risk from unfounded rumours.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/lifes...-used-steroids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HUzxf-LPEE
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)