View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 07:53 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid
This is very reassuring to me personally as I feel horrible about my early life and the way I wasted it without a thought in my head about my future or building a life for myself. To think of this early life as a rehearsal feels so much better to me - a rehearsal in which I learned the right way to do it !

When I read these words it gave me a sense of what it means to be uniquely myself. “I get to be me” - as if it’s a privilege. I love that way of looking at it.

I’ve been looking for ways to reconsider my wasted youth and feel better about it and you’ve provided a couple insights here that are very helpful to my situation.

I'll echo the same sentiment as running. I'm lucky I didn't end up in jail during my early years. I look back on it with utter amazement. It was a wild & crazy time and I was totally irresponsible and without a care in the world or plan for the future.

But you know what? I wouldn't trade it away for a different past that would have allowed me to realize my 'potential' because that's who I am and I can't deny myself. It's the reason I'm where I'm at now and there's no guarantee a 'better' early life would have deposited me in a better place.

Seeing that you're here now and posing these questions indicates to me you've taking away some strong life lessons and want to do something different.

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda coulda shoulda done...
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little Did.

Shel Silverstein