View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

A great perspective!

What in your view then is that aspect of ourselves which controls the on/off switch? And so, believing the image to be real being hypnosis, who is the hypnotiser and who is the hypnotised?

I've tried to come up with an answer to your questions for a couple of days, and I can't really

In my own understanding we are not aware of the divided nature of our brains, and in the race to be non-dual the physical basis of the two lobes that underpin our brains workings is ignored.

Split brain experiments suggested that a separate consciousness existed in each lobe of the brain, this was a theory based on their findings and and not able to be proven, but I have come to the same conclusion.

Following on from this idea, the physical underpinning of the brain lobes as the source of consciousness can be assumed.

Ultimately my consciousness should be able to sit above identification with either lobe, or any chakra, lately I have considered this consciousness to potentially be something like the symphony that the chakras and the lobes create when working in harmony, comprehending and integrating each individual tone from below.

This isn't an answer your question, just riffing on my current thinking.