View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 04:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Chakra's and such things are local mind maps. A great way of understanding this is that depending on the tradition the number and what those practitioners experience differs. Some traditions have 4, others 7, while others have 12. You have Taoist traditions that don't use chakras at all.

With your analogy, I would reverse it. It is the mind that projects you and everything that you perceive.

The mind certainly projects its own interpretation of things via the senses and the intellect, but what produces the mind? I am suggesting it is the body and the subtle energy body. The way the mind interprets and understands to me then defines the level of consciousness that someone operates from.

In the end it's just a different belief system really, and we all will have our own personal belief systems. It seems to me that you are proposing a Buddhist belief system, but in the end that too is just one more belief system.

The answer to why beliefs range from 3, 5, 7 or more chakras to even no chakras at all might be due to imperfect comprehension of the energy body, but it doesn't prove there is no energy body made of chakras and nadi's.