View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Jung is an authority in psychology . Unfortunately I have not read him as extensively as you may have . So I simply can not comment whether he's right or wrong .
What you presented was contrary to anything Jung said. And since you mentioned Ahamkara, that is what Jung based his model of the ego on. The unconscious and many of its processes is roughly parallel to the Sanskrit Chitta or Lower Mind, which creates the karas or the 'invented things' that the 'I' is made of.

'I' is a collection of invented things according to Eastern philosophy, and any 'I' that is perceived is an invented thing inventing another thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Hope this clarifies the stand where am i coming from.All I can say I have read lot of thing like following Christianity quotes to base my inferences and hopefully u can see its nothing eastern or western . It's simply universal.
While I respect your beliefs, the Bible isn't much of a source when it comes to psychology. It's certainly not Universal and since I'm an atheist.... As far as I can ascertain, neither Spirituality nor religion seem to have anything close to an objective concept of what we are beyond the physical beyond interpretations. When the discussion turns to "We are this and not that" then it comes down to mental health and maligned identification, not Spirituality, in that the discussion is then psychological detachment.