View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Master

spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I guess Jung - who was regarded as a great mind of his time and was a Spiritual adept, particularly in Advaita Vedanta - was delusional then?

Spirit is not the one that creates the experience, your unconscious (and its various subsystems) creates your experience - the experience is the experiencer. A discussion of who/what I am is incomplete at best without at least some understanding of psychology, because we are far more that most people want to believe we are. The 'I' that the I-maker or Ahamkara creates is itself an 'invented thing', the an 'invented thing' creates the 'I' that is seen in the mirror.

Jung is an authority in psychology . Unfortunately I have not read him as extensively as you may have . So I simply can not comment whether he's right or wrong .

All I can say I have read lot of thing like following Christianity quotes to base my inferences and hopefully u can see its nothing eastern or western . It's simply universal.

Quote:
Romans 8:9 ESV
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you.

Romans 8:14 ESV
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.

James 2:26 ESV
For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all

Hope this clarifies the stand where am i coming from.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 02-05-2021 at 02:55 PM.