View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Something simple that makes me feel not just happy but honoured and very lucky happens every night when I go to bed.

I turn off the lights and settle down in bed to go to sleep, and about 5 minutes after the lights go out a voice calls out through the darkness "Nite Nite!"

That doesn't sound very exciting I know except that the owner of this voice is a Raven and its something no one has ever taught him to say. He came about it of his own choice. I wish all th animals and birds here good nite when I check them each before I turn the lights out of where they are but thats a good hour before I go to bed.

The Ravens are rehab birds who can't ever be released so I'm licenced to keep them for their life time and they stay at night in my art studio so can see when I turn off my light.

It made me jump the first time I heard it but now I just love it and think how lucky, honoured and happy I am to have a Raven wish me "Nite Nite" every night.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!