View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:26 AM
Master

What a fascinating discussion, I am learning so much here.

I was particularly impressed by the below post, so let me comment on some of the salient points that caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
[b]

YHWH Elohim has been translated as God of gods, Being of beings.

I believe the English equivalent is the Lord God. This goes back to the idea of a divine council which both the ancient Canaanites and Hebrews had and borrowed from Mesopotamian religion. El was the father, Asherah the Mother of Gods. Their children were known as the Elohim and Yahweh superseded his father El to become leader of the Pantheon, much like Enlil Superseded An in ancient Sumer to become leader of the Anunnaki.

So, Yahweh Elohim or the Lord God, refers to the leader of the gods, acknowledging that there are a number of them and Yahweh is their leader or "Lord". As the storm god, his leadership role is also reflected in other religions, where Zeus, Jupiter, Indra and Enlil are also storm gods fulfilling a leadership role among the gods.

That there were a number of gods, is made clear in several places in the Bible, for instance in the Book of Job, where Satan is still a member of the divine council (this is before his fall and subsequent banishment to the underworld) and he challenges Yahweh, the Lord God to test Job.

Quote:
The word is formed from a feminine singular ALH (Eloh) to which is added IM, the ending of a masculine plural.

I genuinely did not know that and it is very interesting new information for me. I always wondered why, when I was communicating with Inana, she insisted on speaking to me as the Elohim, using a plural voice. Now it makes sense.

Quote:
Let us note that this combination confirms the double nature, masculine and feminine, of God.

This seems to me like another expression of the duality of Shiva and Shakti.

Quote:
Personally, She manifest to me as Inanna before the patriarchal society made Her become Ishtar. I have NoOne here on SF to thanks for introducing me to this form of the Goddess also known as Shakti, and many other Names.

From what I have learnt from Mesopotamian scholars, Ishtar is actually more of a generic name for "Goddess", a bit like "Devi" in sanskrit and can be applied to any number of goddesses. This is why they usually refer to this particular goddess as Inana-Ishtar and she has always preferred the name Inana with me. I started spelling her name with one n, as that is the new spelling and I was repeatedly reminded by Sumerian scholars that this now the accepted spelling. Either way should be fine though.

Quote:
And we should not forget to thanks all living all living women on this planet.

Being your usual charming self, I see

Quote:
“This card refers to Binah in the suit of Fire, and so represents the establishment of primeval Energy. The Will has been transmitted to the Mother, who conceives, prepares, and gives birth to, its manifestation.”
(The Book of Thoth)

Picture of the card:
Quote:

To me, this card clearly represents Kundalini Shakti, the Divine fire, as it rises in the three channels of Ida, Pingala and Sushumna. Others may disagree, of course...