View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Sangress

Quote:
I used Source--thinking all of them eventually come from One Source (that old Big Idea). I also used it because I wasn't sure.

But what kind of "different sources" are you aware of? Are there, like some people talk about, sort of Minor Creators? What exactly are they?

Oh you've opened a huge can of worms with this one, so to speak.

I made a thread about sources that I think will help with this and save me repeating myself.

Here it is - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=33297

(Feel free to ask about whatever I've missed in that thread regarding the questions.)

The different sources I'm aware of dont actually have names in the english language, so I'm really not sure how to go about describing or explaining them. I might have to think on that one for a bit, I'm unsure if I can twist the english language to that extent. lol.

Quote:
How can you tell the source of an incarnate being?

Personally I can tell because I work with souls all the time, so they know where they originated from or of and I can tap into that and go take a look for myself if I like.

For everyone else they can immediately recodnise others in their "soul-family" (still trying to find proper terminology for souls from the same source) because its like an innate thing.

If its someone from another source then sometimes asking works. It's difficult for me to ascertain how others see it because I'm not them. I can just make educated guesses or mention observations that I've made.

Quote:
And then, to make sure I understand this: Mental is like intention or emotion---a sort of energy catalyst--something that directs energy.

Yes, its a catalyst for the behaviour and affect of energy, it influences energy directly. It's also a "thing" in and of itself, which is harder to define considering it doesn't have a litteral appearence, its something of the mind/consciousness/awareness.

Quote:
The metaphysical layer is anything that is not physical, right? I mean, even those layers you describe as primarily physical and secondarily mental or metaphysical --Do you consider them metaphysical layers?

Well I can consider them partly metaphysical, but to be wholy and truly metaphysical theres nothing physical involved.

It's difficult to define because everything physical has an energetic layer to it, everything is essentially made of energy regardless.

But I separate physical from metaphysical because one is fixed and ridgid (physical,) the other isnt and that makes them very distinct from one another (and mental isnt even energy so thats distinct too,) so I feel that distinction has got to be respected or at least catagorised despite the fact that the metaphysical technically can be considered a part of everything in some way.

Quote:
And in terms of what is metaphysical in a human, then it would be spirit/soul, core energy (?right)--in fact all the energy systems because they are not physical?

Yes, but keep in mind that some of those metaphysical areas are directly tied to and linked with the physical layers, so by default they are also physical.

It's the absence of a physical connection or influence that makes something metaphysical. (Does that definition make more sense than the other one?)

Quote:
Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

[Boy--the other option sure looks good right now! I can feel my brain getting in my own way.]

Hah. No I dont think your making it harder than it needs to be because there isn't a well defined separation between physical and metaphysical. They blend together so often that people have trouble figuring out where one ends and the other begins and thats fine.

Things of a metaphysical nature themselves are always shifting and changing and blending with itself and everything else, so its no wonder that its hard to get a set definition when its everywhere and so elusive at the same time.

When I'm trying to define something has physical or metaphysical I ask myself "Does this have a direct physical influence or is this more physical than metaphysical to my senses?" Maybe it'll work for other people too.

Quote:
Good stuff, Sangress. And thank you, Lora, for asking.

Um thank you?