View Single Post
Old 24-12-2022, 11:01 PM
Master
I found this article years ago and was looking for it and couldn't find it online recently. I found a print out I printed out years ago and found the link and used archive dot org to find the article.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131227...ealth-disease/

It discusses research on autism, Asperger’s syndrome, Down's syndrome, schizophrenia and epilepsy being caused by TB, apparently cell-wall-deficient (CWD) forms of tuberculosis that can cross the placenta and infect the fetus.
Quote:
It is not generally appreciated that the development of small rounded nodules caused by tuberculosis, sometimes cheesy or “caseous” in the brain is a relatively common occurrence in children and childhood tuberculosis. It is usually symptomless. Such small nodules often then become arrested and encapsulated by the body’s immune system. They are, to this day, called “Rich’s Foci”. Many of us unknowingly have them.
Quote:
It wasn’t only Welch that Rich put himself at odds with. German investigator Baumgarten who saw infection of the fetus by the spores of TB coming from the maternal placenta as a common occurrence.[2] In fact, to Baumgarten , all tuberculosis, including neurotuberculosis, was most commonly acquired in the womb, in utero, in most cases, though there remained a lesser possibility, that it could occur through infected sperm.Ophuls mentioned that it was a well established fact that the semen of tuberculous individuals contains tubercle bacilli, even in the absence of genital TB.

Quote:
Psychiatric Asylums on the European and American continent, late Nineteenth Century
When Johns Hopkins pathologist William Henry Welch studied under psychiatrist Maynert, it was in the late nineteenth century, a time during which there was fear that tuberculosis would destroy the entire civilization of Europe. It was also the time that the first massive increase in psychiatric illness and confinement to mental asylums occurred.[1]
There's something related here about Much's granules on page 18 about TB that has lost its acid fast characteristics.
https://archive.org/details/pulmonar...p?view=theater

Last edited by Aldous : 25-12-2022 at 12:03 AM.