View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1709
I'm not quite sure ; sex and gender are both very complicated things. Gender identity is what someone identifies as ; their gender expression, their qualities, who they associate with, and their preferred pronouns. Gender includes man, woman, and a large umbrella of genderqueer identities. Animals can observe the "typical" behaviours of gender within the binary, but genderqueer individuals aren't likely to be identified by animals.

Sex is biological sex..it's determined by your genitalia,my our reproductive system and your chromosomes and maybe hormones. However, some people are both with ambiguous genitalia resulting in a term called "intersex". It's very possible to have male genitalia, but female chromosomes, or female genitalia with male organs inside. You might even have the wrong sex ; unless you've gotten chromosome tests, it's impossible to know. Sex is a very complicated thing, but I feel as if animals can distinguish between the main sexes using pheromones.

Sorry for getting all technical ; I just think gender and sex are too commonly interchanged, and many people aren't aware of how complicated they both are.

Dante1709
Do you think that Animals tell can using Pheromones ?