Thread: Original Sin?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Original sin stems from Adam & Eve being naughty in the garden of Eden. Jesus never mentioned it so I presume he didn't believe in it, who knows. It is definitely not mention in the NT....

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

If you do some real research, you will find out that even the NT contains information about the original sin.By the way, look at this verse, it uses the word "corrupted", to make a comparison between what the serpent did and the simplicity of Jesus, so, in other words, the serpent corrupted the minds of man.In other words, the minds of Adam and Eve were perfect and pure but they were corrupted by the serpent, so God really made things right ( they were perfect ), but they became corrupted because of the serpent.

How do you corrupt the mind of a child? By teaching that child bad things, I am pretty sure that the serpent had a very long time at disposition to corrupt their minds, it's not something that you do in one meeting.

The serpent is a very powerful symbol used in the Bible, I don't think I found until now a good explanation, you know, sometimes it refers to the devil and its subjects ( Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers..", Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers", John 3:14 "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up" ) and sometimes to the things of God ( remember the rod of Moses ).

This would be an interesting discussion and we are at the subject of the original sin.