View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Sada

Hi Jaycee...I actually just started seeing an acupuncturist, he tells me little by little as I go to him about what it all really means. So as I understand more, I will update you. I can tell you that in Chinese medicine it is all about the meridians and the flow of Qi. A different way to look at it is balancing the yin/yang. I've been pretty amazed in only 2 visits with him. He does put the needles on certain points along the meridian. The different points affect different organs or functions of the body. Some of the needles hurt and others don't. I believe the one's which hurt are because of a blockage in the flow of Qi along that meridian which for me are related to my liver and ovaries. It's all pretty interesting to me... Sorry i don't know or even understand too much yet. I'm just really impressed with him at the moment...lol He had noticed this spot on my stomach which he says is swollen. For years I had noticed this spot and thought something might be wrong there, but no Dr. ever said anything to me, so I just assumed it was just the way my body and muscles in my stomach looked. He said, that is what needs to be fixed and addressed first as that is what is causing the cysts in my body. In two visits the swelling in that area has already gone down quite a lot. I feel so much better physically and mentally.

You may also want to look into accupreasure...that is another way besides acupuncture to manipulate and get the Qi flowing correctly in the body.