View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Master

Hi annonafox, I see you are an administrator here as well. Since you haven't been here since 2015, I warmly welcome you back. I know virtual hugs don't mean much but this one comes from my heart. I do hope you can come back from time to time.

Matt gave us something here, and we all, from time to time go to his thread (under Devolution's Dream/ Matt Warne) both in the Stickies and individual
created threads and give our thanks to him.

I for one want the forum to stay open. There is no other place like this. I've been looking for a substitute since the news of closing, and there are very poor sites to choose from. They don't have the camaraderie like SF does. NO PLACE on the planet has what SF has. I have made lifelong friends here that I would have not made otherwise.

Sure there are flareups here and there, and Lynn has been a wonderful administrator over the years. I really don't know how she does it. And when she closes down one of my threads (there have been quite a few ) she always does so graciously.

In the Site Closing Down thread Lynn kindly started so we could express our feeling, there are many who have offered to make donations. I noticed a few days ago there is actually a Donate button on the left side of the main SF page. I clicked on that and low and behold, there is a donation option. I for one have never donated to this forum.

It says it costs $90 a month to keep it open. I for one am willing to donate $90 one month of the year. If we can get 11 more members to donate for other months we can meet the financial goals or two @ $45 and so on. And those who can send $5, $10, even a one time donation can fill the coffers with, I'm sure, if money is needed.

Since you opened this thread, I will be sending PM's to my friends (members of SF whom I have met here) to come here and express their optimism at keeping it open.

Many blessing,
Deb