View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Sequoia

I can't speak for all white people, of course, but I CAN say my own opinion on the matter.

Yes, the ones that came before us were usually motivated by greed, power...the uncontrollable ID, whatever u wanna call it...They called it 'American Ingeunity' and saw things that we might see as maybe a sign, they took it as just another challenge for them to overcome...

Most people I know believe a watered down version of Christianity. There is religion, but no spritiuality. We have given up our spirutality and replaced it w./ giant statues of dead presidents, slave owners, land stealers...no disrespect...but still...I can't help but feel that way...

As a result of this, some NOT ALL, are searching for that lost spirituality...that closeness w/ nature...I also am blessed enough to be surrounded by the natural woods...I'd give my life for this land...Now, for people in my culture...that is just plain nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
I have to wonder about those lands that have been almost cleared of trees and the people who live there. Did their ancestors hate trees that much ? Is this why such people have lost touch with the spirits of their own ancestors and now attempt to associate with the ancestors of people who love and respect the forest ? Did the new religion play a part in this, deeming the deep forest as a place of their devil ?

Doubtful, I'll get a response.