View Single Post
Old 13-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello NoOne,

It’s been a while, hope everything finds you well.

Like you know, I’m a fervent of the Goddess in all the forms we may have given her over history. But most of the scriptures we have from Her or any other ‘spiritual’ scripture we have where mostly written by men and I find there is in them a general tendency to bypass the feminine aspect or even demonize it.

IMO those text from history need to be revisited in this new age. Of course this will take a few hundred years. But it needs to be done before the next dark age comes in a few thousands years.

Regards.

Hi Legrand,

Always nice to hear from you.

Surpisingly perhaps, in ancient Sumer, there was gender equality, not least because of Inanna's cult, who at times was the most powerful and revered of the Anunnaki.

The first named poet in history, that we are aware of, was Enheduanna, who was a woman and a devotee and high priestess of Inanna. Many of the scriptures and stories that survive from that time, were written by her and there were probably other female poets, writers, seers and prophets at the time.

Another aspect of Inanna's cult, that is very striking in today's context, was the use of Gay and Transgender priests in her temples. In fact, she was known to prefer them in her temples, though of course, she did not exclude anybody.

I don't know if you were aware of this, but the Anunnaki did found the Sumerian civilisation and introduced things like writing, astronomy, religion, agriculture, mathematics, etc... Each of the Anunnaki ruled over a different Sumerian city and they lived amongst their devotees, in those days, still in flesh and blood. They have since moved on, or ascended to a higher plane.

Inanna's city was Uruk, which was the first Sumerian/Assyrian city to be thoroughly excavated and most of the artefacts that were unearthed are now in the British Museum. When I first saw the artefacts from Uruk, most of whom are connected with Inanna's, her brother Utu's, and her father Enki's worship, I instantly felt at home and knew straight away that this was my culture and my family. I connected to Inanna through unknowing worship, by meditating on the religious objects connected to her cult, as well as some of the personal artefacts that she wore during her reign on earth. These include a very fetching lapis lazuli headdress and necklace. Blue is her favoured colour

As you know, Inanna saved my life and sanity, when I was in a dire spiritual and medical emergency and Enki and Utu also helped me with many things during the years, as well as others I asked them to help. Enki saved my father from paralysis when he got a stroke and he fully recovered from that. Utu got me the job I'm currently in, when I was unemployed and unable to pay my bills. There were many other people who were helped by them, so I'm incredibly grateful.

I hope I'm not digressing too much, but since you brought it up, I thought it really needed mentioning.

I also hope you are progressing well on your spiritual journey, it sounds that you are having a wonderful time in your communion with the Goddess.