View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 10:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste and thank you.

I am still around my brother, not as active online anymore...part of my developing discernment (viveka) over what urgently requires my attention vs what does not.

Namaste Shivaniji,

That's great. Greater focus may perhaps translate into better gains.

Quote:
Yes, silence and solitude are very important things right now...

I have also been suffering with a middle ear infection for the past fortnight...the doctor put me on antibiotics that I had a rather nasty reaction to...so I started chanting more repetitions of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra...doing 1080 per day right now (10 mala).

Sorry to hear about this. Most diseases have to do with purging of negative karmas, and I have read biographies of saints having suffered the same to prepare and condition them for deeper sensitivity and wisdom. Ali Ibn Talib has also stated that diseases serve the purpose of destroying negative karmas though it will not bring about spiritual merit.

Quote:
Also just finished a Tantra workshop with Igor Kufayev and going for more walks in nature..also studying the Kybalion.

Igor Kufayev looks like an interesting person from what I have checked and I hope you have gained substantially from his satsang. Kybalion also seems to be interesting. I get to learn a lot from your posts about new stuff.

Quote:

I haven't been around much because I was tired of discussions on here devolving into arguments when I just couldn't be bothered arguing merely for the sake of fostering worthwhile discussion...just the same old people making the same old points I was honestly tired of reading...I felt like I was digging myself further into a rut....I needed solitude which didn't include SF...and I still do....I felt as if there is/was no reason for me to BE here...so after 5 years, I wanted to find out if NOT being here made any difference....and I feel that after a fortnight, it is still too early to tell.

Your posts are quite informative and I have gained a lot from reading it. I am sure others have also profited from your writings. Imo, you have a razor sharp mind, and seems to learn very fast and grasps the essence of the subject quickly.This is a sign of intellectual austerity and is not something which is commonly seen.

As some say here on sf, perhaps you may have come on soul mission but have forgotten much of it after embodying due to the Kali Yuga's negative influences.

Quote:
Take care and peace to you and all.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thank you, dear one, and thanks for keeping us posted on your present activities.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon