View Single Post
Old 22-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
I still think your story was amusing and helpful to others.
I am glad that it can be helpful for others. So many things people do can be helpful for others. Even the moment's when I find something I did amusing in a laugh at myself way. Is also inspiring to me and as you pointed out. Can also be helpful to others.
I learned a lot from that duck actually, mostly because I took the time to care. In that moment I shared my Love to that duck. I also learn a lot of other stuff in the process.
As well as the ability to look back and just laugh at myself.

As I titled the thread and went over the title. I was hoping maybe at least a few people one day. May add their own story where they laughed at themselves, in sorta humble way.
Sure it's easy for many to laugh at others, that's the way of the world. Or watch a comedy or whatever it may be.
It's important that we can laugh at ourselves once in awhile. Or else we just take ourselves to serious. Of course God has a sense of humour as you mentioned. How many people truly have a sense of humour? Unless it's directed towards others
This thread is in a way like the Bible states about, Humble ourselves before the Lord.
Jokes even if they are funny, is still mostly laughing at others and sometimes ourselves if we are to be honest.
I am sure I am not the only one who has done something where they can just laugh at themselves. As well as I can't be the only one who can admit it.
I have several laugh at myself moments, this is my earliest one I can remember.
Like the time I tried to use a Pendulum to past a test in school...that takes way to long

Not taking ourselves to serious is best way to stay grounded in Mind,Heart, or Body. And in a way most important way