Thread: *Raw Recipes*
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Master
yeah it's interesting trying to see which nuts or seeds or grains are truly what we assume they are. I guess that almonds and cashews aren't even nuts? And I was glad to learn that quinoa and buckwheat are seeds not grains. But the thing about phytic acid or other 'antinutrients' is that they're present in many foods of all three categories, or 4 including legumes. So not all of them have it or in threatening amounts, but for other reasons it may be better to soak them. Especially of course if you want to use the nut or whatever for creating a cream or milk, etc.. which I see you said in your post later down lol. That is cool you've made your own yogurt, I've wanted to try that but am weary of it just becoming rancid instead lol.. how do you do yours?

I like the idea of nature wisdom beings. I've said I wish I had God's map of the Earth so I'd know precisely what "he" wanted us to do or not do with certain things lol, but you're right there are, or at least have been, those more in touch with these answers. I mean thankfully we have the benefit of so many years and advanced technology and collection of information to find the answers therein, but with that also comes a slew of misinformation and complete falsehoods many people have come to accept as fact when it's the opposite. I think it is possible to find the truth though. Sometimes it takes years hehe and our understanding grows in cycles if we are following rightful paths. It is nice to stumble upon a teacher or person who knows a lot of the truths and shares them in a convincing way though, but it also depends on your prior learning and communion with life/nature to determine how much of that message you can absorb, assimilate, and also apply in your life and understanding.

At least that is what is required in a world polluted with lies and misleading paths. If reality was more righteous then people would just be born and brought up knowing more of the important information and how to live in touch with nature and themselves. I think it comes down to commonsense after all's said and done because it's like duh we are nature so why would we not need nature? and oh all the animals eat raw fresh food, why should we be different in that sense? But it gets a bit trickier understanding what foods are really best or were made specifically for us, or at what time or dosage or preparation, or combination etc lol. However I think once you have a foundational understanding of certain things, and a more meaningful relationship with yourself, then when you hear or come upon new truths, you can intuit that they are true or missing pieces to the puzzle you've been putting together.

Yes the human intuition is not to be understated or underestimated, and you're right it seems we can be clearer to comprehend what is happening to us internally when we eat more clean and fresh with a raw diet.

I have been seeking answers and trying different things to heal myself for so many years, and now I feel like I have the solutions I've sought, but I'm still so tangled in the wrong ways of living and habits that I don't "have the energy" to do the good things I know I should lol. but I know that baby step processes are worthwhile even if they are slow. and I guess on that note I have made many amazing changes so I know it's important to be patient and understanding with yourself too. It seems like I or we have to dismantle everything detrimental or unnecessary all at once, but the truth is that every positive healthful thing we do is a great step in the right direction and just doing good things automatically results in us doing less bad or negative things, because we can't do damage when we're busy healing or progressing positively. and even if we revert back to unworthy habits and consumption, as long as we keep doing at least some of what we know we should, and growing our interest and understanding then we'll end up ahead, where we need to be.

So here we are and using and sharing raw recipes is one nice way to inspire those little positive changes that can make a giant difference! I started eating only fruit for breakfast cuz I want to eat more but it's a hard habit to get into. It's been easy enough luckily but I still am eating way too much cooked and unhealthy food.. so I need to incorporate more raw recipes into my day after that to keep me on track in the right direction

If we go a savory route for lunch or dinner let's see here is a kind of salad I could enjoy eating perhaps on a daily basis

arugula or other greens
green pepper
green onions
cucumber
avocado
tomato
garlic

Add any other vegetables of course, but those are some of my favorite combinations. maybe some herbs too like cilantro. and then if you want top it with either whole nuts, or a dressing made with them. and I like to sprinkle pink salt on almost all vegetables I eat lol

yummm

what kind of 'savory salads' do you like best or tend to eat?