Thread: *Raw Recipes*
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Master
Those sound tasty and hearty JustBe! and definitely decadently capable of satisfying indulgent cravings. I am pretty awful at baking desserts though I love them very much lol, so that is probably a good thing and perhaps I could find a niche crafting raw desserts.

I bet my baby would really enjoy something like your recipe and the extra nutrition would be even better for her. She is 14 months old and we're afraid of feeding her a lot of solid foods so this could be a great way to give her a lot of nourishment and encourage independent feeding. I've got to get more dates, I ordered some wonderful ones from Amazon online last time, so much moister and tantalizing than ones I've gotten in stores!
I only have one left I've been saving haha I guess experimenting with some little treats like this for my baby would be a great use of it. I've only got cashews but I happened to just get them and have them soaking right now, and I have coconut manna, so maybe my resulting snack will be more like a pudding for now but I'll plan to make something more substantial such as your recipe soon Thanks for the sweet idea!

Thank you for your post SolarBlue what do you think is the truth or reality behind phytic acid and all that? I think it makes sense but I can't say I've done the most extensive research about it. I'm sure you've heard that soaking them also opens up more nutrients and enzymes n stuff, is that why you still soak some anyway? yeah it is amazing what can be good for the skin, it seems like almost any natural food can be! like recently I read someone talking about how awesome chickpea flour was for their face, and then when I think about it well there are cucumbers for the eyes or inflammation and all sorts of fruits used for facials and exfoliation and on and on..

I guess nature is pretty cool like that, though I do think that some things are better left just on our bodies and not necessarily put into them. but my inquisitive mind wants to understand why or how that can be the case, like is applying vegetable oil on the skin really that worthwhile when taking refined oils internally poses certain threats? while still having potential benefits it seems to also cause harm internally, so is it totally benign when used on the skin or does the fact that the skin absorbs mean that similar unwanted effects occur internally when it's used externally? lol sorry this is not on topic, I just wonder about a lot of things and like to think of the links of stuff together. Nature is wondrous and in my understanding tries to make the best of what it is given so I suppose it's a matter of how much waste or undesirable components there are to a given thing versus what positive potential there is, and how efficient the example of nature is, be it a plant or us or something else.. In most cases it seems some nourishment is better than none even if there is baggage attached to it, so I'd bet the plant would really appreciate that water (I mean gardens even love cow poo right? lol) very interesting topic. As is the subject of soaking nuts and seeds which is worth exploring more