View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
To me depression is the one that stays with you for years. Depression for a few days or weeks can be caused by a health issue or it's simply mistaken for a prolonged sadness, you heal from it, but from this one, that I and many people suffer, you can't... and I tried, and tried, and tried... I heard stories of people suffering for 25 years from depression, I myself have around 7 years of it, day by day.

I mean no offense.
Ah okay, yes I see what you mean. I understand now.

I myself have suffered depression, for 9 years, from 12yo to 21. To such extent I don't even remember half of what happened in my life during these years. Then it happened again, from 26 to 29, and I only got out of it recently.

I know, when you're deep down in it, you're overwhelmed, and there's no way out. That you also appreciate what people do or try to do to help you, but you wish they would spend their time helping somebody who can be helped. At some point you'll try again, and things will go better.

But then again, depression is an illness, therefore you can recover from it. I know it sounds like I'm just telling you to snap out of it, it's not the case.

All I'm saying, to you and anyone else who is depressive right now reading, is there is a way out, so just remain open minded, as much as you can.

I must say though, I have never seen someone who is depressive but at the same time has a strong will of getting out of it. Which is really curious considering you see yourself as cursed !

Anyway, be well.

PS : Don't focus on other people, I know it's scary when you hear someone's been in your case for a very long period of time, but you have to focus on yourself, and not the time it's going to take you to get out of it.