View Single Post
Old 29-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology. '

We're talking in tongues,

Where do you personally think ' Intuition ' comes from....

I think that there are different levels of "intuition". On the lower level, it may come from the unconscious mind based on past experiences or conditioning. On a deeper level, my sense is that it comes from the "higher power", the Holy Spirit (in Christian terminology since this is a Christian thread), the "image of God undistorted within" (Eastern Orthodox Church --- again using Christian terminology), etc.

Although I use the words "intuition" and "pure intuition" interchangeably in communications, there is a subtle difference and I am starting to use "pure intuition" more when referring to insights emanating from the "higher power".

My understanding is that, when the mind is stilled ("Be still and know that I AM God", "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"), one soars like an eagle into what Jung calls the collective unconscious, sees the big picture, and returns while "knowing without thinking". Once again, words are obviously inadequate but I think that you get my point. In Christian terminology, that is what I believe when Jesus said "I and the Father are one and the same... but the Father is greater than I" in accordance with the "Thy Will Be Done" Principle. (I am trying to use Christian terminology here but would say this differently in a non-duality forum.)