View Single Post
Old 16-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Distortedsoundz

I know plenty of people that listen to darker music like heavy metal during their workouts,while driving, or whatever. I know plenty of people that listen to dark music that are just fine. The same can be said about sad or horror movies.
I also think that anything can be bad for anyone if there is not a balance, even if it is something considered positive. I'm deeply attracted to and dabble in both the light and dark areas of life, for example, I've been a Professional Dominatrix for a decade because I have a personal interest in it. Most would consider me a "dark" person because of that.
But spiritually I work 100 percent with light, I am constantly helping others,giving, and a generally loving person, well liked. No mental problems besides minor anxiety issues in vehicles. But because of the way I live my life, I consantly have to protect myself from bad energy just for good measure. All about balance and protection. Goes with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
apologies, my definition of "negatively" must differ from yours slightly then. Neither is right or wrong, simply different. The limitations of the written word again.

I wasn't getting "worked up" just looking to explore what you had said further.

People are affected by different things and in different ways. I know that if I listened to a lot of music like the first link I posted I would soon be a very unhappy person. This is why I actually don't listen to Kate Rusby any more as i found it was depressing me.

You could say that eating chocolate doesn't affect someone negatively, but if you eat a lot then it does. Why would anything else be any different?

People who are unhappy attract and are attracted to low vibrational things, that can include music that lowers the mood, this then attracts more low vibrational things. This can lead to wallowing and stops the person moving on. Something has to change for them to get out of this cycle, it could be anything, but it could be a change in music choice.

I will add that I personally don't treat metal and goth any different to any other music. I love my metal, goth and industrial. I would consider any genre as containing music that lowers the mood.