View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Master

Maybe this helps ...
COOKING OF MEAT | Physics and Chemistry
In book: Encyclopedia of Meat Sciences (pp.404-409)
https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._and_Chemistry
Quote:
Muscle tissue contains approximately 75% of water and 20% of protein consisting of sarcoplasmic, myofibrillar, and connective-tissue proteins. During heating, the thermal denaturation of the meat proteins occurs. According to differential scanning calorimetry measurements, a-actinin denatures at 50 °C; myosin and actomyosin between 54 and 58 °C; sarcoplasmic proteins between 65 and 67 °C; actin between 80 and 83 °C; tropomyosin and troponin at above 80 °C; and titin at 75.6 °C (in beef) or 78.4 °C (in pork). Generally, during heating the globular (sarcoplasmic) proteins expand and fibrous (myofibrillar) proteins contract. The intramuscular collagen fibers shrink in the range of temperature 53–65 °C and gelatinize on further heating (70–80 °C). The structural changes in the meat proteins on heating lead to alterations in the eating quality of meat.
Quote:

Effect of heating temperature on cooking losses (-) and sarcomere length (---) of beef ST muscle samples retorted after 5 days ageing at 4 °C. Reproduced from Palka, K., Daun, H., 1999. Changes in texture, cooking losses, and myofibrillar structure of bovine M. semitendinosus during heating. Meat Science 51, 237-243.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.