View Single Post
Old 13-03-2021, 08:45 PM
Newbie ;)

In my experience, I found it initially difficult but not as difficult as I'd thought, to simply jump past techniques and go straight into surrender. I believe this happened because back then when I started my journey in 2020, I was suffering and ready to let go. Then I spent so much time alone. I followed Osho also, I learnt a lot off him. I found him simplistic in the way he explained the inner dimensions.

First, I came cross Mindfulness because of the sheer advertisement of it. I tried this to ease anxiety, but did not expect a complete spiritual life change. Then I began really working with the Zazen approach, which is essentially not interfering at all with the mind. No manipulation, no sense of doing. Sitting and doing nothing internally. It can feel really difficult, but just persist, and allow whatever to come up to come up. It truly did wonders for me.

However I did have difficulty in the letting go at points, sometimes it became too painful. Understanding how the ego and mind operate, it made it easier to endure. But I found keeping balance all round made a huge difference, so eating sensibly, and moving, consciously relaxing the body, flow movements and yoga really aided the meditation practice.

Techniques are to help people find ways that work for them, but ultimately it all comes back to surrender. This is the part which is completely out of our hands. But also the most challenging and yet most rewarding. If you are anything like me, I was hungry for change.

Blessings to you all.