View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
What does it mean to realise the tao?
Oh! My! Goodness! Did I really start this thread? Anyways, let me act like I own it!
I think the tao represents the universal but basic consciousness of everything that exists.
I think that everything has consciousness and the unified consciousness of all things is the tao, including the 10,000 things themselves.
I believe that if we give up the little coins that we have in our begging bowls, then we can truly be empty, and if we are empty then we can most certainly embrace everything. My opinion is that realisation of the Tao is for those who have given up everything in order to embrace everything.
I think that if we find our true face before birth, we transition from a personal realisation to a process of unfettering where the 'so-called' boundaries of the true self are eliminated layer by layer, making us more expansive to perceive the Tao in more fullness, more beauty and I believe that beyond emptiness is fullness, and that emptiness realisation and pure consciousness are cardinal for the realisation of the Tao.