View Single Post
Old 20-09-2022, 09:06 AM
Knower

Assuming that what you say is true, and I've no reason to believe it's not, we are essentially playing the game by rules that are not the ones we read about in the rule book. Our society believes that thoughts have no effect, either now or at any time in the future, and emotions only in the presence of the other person, and only if they pick up on it. We are being misled, whether on purpose, or not.

I read somewhere that the more willful the deed, the heavier the karmic debt. I suppose the same is true for thoughts and emotions. Trying to censor one's thoughts and emotions is useless; it's impossible to undo what has already been done. However, 1) you can do your best not to put any more force or will into any undesirable ones, to not give them any more "umph."

2) A stronger, but more difficult version to do, version of this is to imagine it's like a typewriter at the end of the line, where the keys don't strike. You're trying to imagine, and wishing, that whatever it it is will have no effect. Really wishing is the hard part.

There's someone I somewhat dislike, an easier case. I did the first easily, but wasn't ready for the second.

JoeColo