View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 02:26 PM
Master

Again … please do not overlook the original post this week … post #597 on page 60 at the moment … on Truth. What is below is an offshoot of that.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

It occurs to me … after this last rather tame yet adventurous episode with the “intellectual approach” that … in all fairness … perhaps I should define what the “intellectual approach” is … and this will be my personal take based on the various dimensions and planes of Existence.

The need and use for mind is to collect data from past experiences … the relationship between forms and patterns … to assist in making choices on what is beneficial verses detrimental to each individual concerning their understanding of what is happening around them … mostly outwardly. Mind uses the impulses sent to it by the senses … to make the determinations.

These so-called “relationships” are the basic nature of the polarity of the Lower Psychic Worlds. It’s either this or that … “doership” verses “non-doership” … real consciousness verses illusionary consciousness … existence … proof … identity … etc … all verses its opposite … all working hard to part out the Whole into smaller increments so it can be better understood … only to be lost in the word definition game. This is a categorization of effect … for the entire Lower Psychic Worlds are of and for effects … set about by cause … from “someone” … “somewhere.”

This comparison is necessary. How else would we determine which choice is better or worse … so to speak. “My guru is better than yours” … “my set of teachings / teacher is better than yours” … “the words I use are better than yours” … and this often builds into an arrogant pride.

Authority counts big time here. The more status your references hold … the greater your perceived stance. Their recreation is comparison and debate … often for its own sake. It is often … addictive.

This is all part of the game and is not a critical assessment. Mind does what it does … it’s how we use it and our reliance on it that gives more or less value to the tool that it is. If someone possesses a hammer … then everything is a nail. Soon most everything is pounded to death … but that too … provides a sort of mental excitement. They will happily design their own terms, words, rules, and beliefs to support their stance … whatever it may be.

The downfall of the intellect is that they will not listen. Somewhere I put … or am about to put … a working definition of the word humility … a facet that often suggests weakness … from the web … “ lowliness of mind” and “a low estimate of oneself” and “self-abasement.” There is one site that suggests humility means not taking our desires, successes, or failings too seriously.

From some of the higher sets of teachings … humility means more of an absence of vanity or pride. And from this … one can understand … that humility leads to the willingness and ability to … listen. I’m not suggesting a sponge-like absorbency of anything that comes along. But a humble person will at least … listen … or … consider … which is the purpose of my using “Considerations” for the name of this thread. It does not mean that anyone is to blindly accept. The first edict of any true authentic Master is … go out and prove it for yourself.

But the intellect is the Disneyland of words, definitions, relationships, categories, etc … which I have suggested forever. It is fabulous fun … and can provide a nice income and level status … even big-time notoriety. It can keep an individual involved for hundreds of thousands of lifetimes … happily so.

IF one is to even mildly accept what I said here … to find someone who has begun to work beyond the intellectual approach … is rare indeed. That does *not* mean they are superior in any way.. They often have just had enough … and have questions that the intellectual approach cannot address adequately.

There are many stances before and beyond these two broad approaches.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Last edited by zorkchop : 10-08-2022 at 04:30 PM.