View Single Post
Old 24-11-2022, 03:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
It's okay to share even if you don't know what you are talking about.
May you please go on and explain "what is duality?" and "why it is necessary?". Because I couldn't grasp what is the meaning of duality, and so to compare with nonduality. Is world/dream duality? I don't know what is the standard to call these as duality. Please explain and clarify.
No problem. LOL.

I feel that duality is ultimately separation from God. Under duality we have the experience of a separate god lording it over separate and puny humans. Whilst this separation is an illusion it serves the function of positing god as "other" so that she or he may be worshipped and adored as if she was separate.

In reality for me everyone is god and there is no separation and no other. But I find it is beneficial to kind of pretend that god is separate in order to love her/him.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense. This kind of stuff is beyond my powers of comprehension.

The words "duality" and "nonduality" are just words. To attempt to use words like this is itself a movement into the duality. For me such words mean whatever you want them to mean.

What matters is not how I define duality/nonduality but what they mean to you.