Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So, how does that sound...?

I have been reading around in different threads and there seems to be a
a recurring 'issue'.
Hard to stop thoughts
Distracted
Lack of success, whatever.

NOW, what if you tossed that entire word and at the beginning... you 'sat'.
That's all...comfortably sat, still, quietly for a certain amount of time?
And them, threw out all concepts of mindlessness, mindfulness, emptiness and samadhi?

So let's say for a month you sat in the darkness and stillness of being undisturbed...to enjoy thought.

Thought about wondrous things...thinking 'a movie scene' for 30 minutes.

About....love...$$...travel...a new baby...happiness in everything...confidence and freedom....

What does that mean? You have enjoyed yourself, changed your chemistry,
relaxed every system in your body...and MADE A NEW GROOVE in your brain...of Joy!

One month...then let's talk about this 'emptying'...and a
successful meditation...hahahha!

I try to redefine everything. At least for myself. Meditation is one of those things which should be redefined. I believe there are passive active meditations and there are actively active meditations. Today I chatted with a friend about spirituality. It was very good. There was a time for seriousness and there was laughter. It is my goal to make every living moment a meditation. Or, at least, an attempt for meditation.

Surely we should seek to be the best we can be in all things. Every moment is precious. Every moment is an opportunity to express the greatest part of yourself in that moment. We fail, of course, but if we do not place our attachment on the result, and instead focus on the process, then we can step closer to being better than we were before. The fool fears mistake making, and in doing so, makes even more mistakes. The wise acknowledge that our mistakes are our greatest teachers.

Whatsoever is wrong with being wrong?

If one person says one way of meditating is right and another is wrong, what of it? Where should I focus my attention? Every movement, every action is a communication. There is a time for stillness, and there is a time to tame the monkey mind. And if you don't agree. Who is to know what is truth from untruth? Who is the authority? We can say what is right for another? No one. Each individual must decide what is right for themselves.

I tell you the truth when I say that there are a lot of people who truly don't know much of anything. But, then again, why should you believe me? I say, indeed, why should you? You should believe in yourself though. The self is the highest authority, for it is the very thing which decides what is right or wrong is you, at least, for yourself.

Or should I believe the Buddha, or Jesus? Or any other teacher? But when a person believes in a person from the past -who is the one that decides which way to lean? It is in the self.

In the beginning there was the self, in the in-between moment there was the self, and afterwards, there was the self. When we seek authority from the external we are already lost. Simply because to search for truth externally, a person must have already presumed that the self lacks what is necessary.

Excuse me as I search for the necessary to end my sequence of words.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype