View Single Post
Old 17-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Molearner

What does it mean ?

What does it mean when you discover how small the world is ? My travels have led to fascinating chance encounters, coincidences if you wii, that demonstrate that we are often a ‘hello’ away from having a shared experience with a total stranger. Is this all that it takes to realize how connected we are ?

Examples: On our first trip to London we were searching for somewhere to eat. We walked by a number of places that did not draw our attention. Finally we entered a crowded restaurant and had to share space with a mother and her teen age son. We maintained our privacy until I heard her mention Kansas City. I excused myself to speak to her, telling her we from that area…..saying that we were from a small rural town 40 miles from KC…..she informed me that she and her son had been there multiple times. It made me wonder what were the chances of this happening and how many times do we pass by potential connections with others ?

This is just one of such encounters we have experienced…..some connecting directly to relatives. I am certain that many on this forum have experienced the same thing. Just curious as to how others process this…