View Single Post
Old 25-09-2022, 10:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I think meditation is important to do but in moderation. If you're using it as a way to avoid waking life then I would say that's too much.

Hello ReturningMoon, welcome to SF!

There’s not much to add to what Miss H and iamthat have said. Addressing the issue of ‘avoiding waking life’ as you put it, I’d say it’s not negation but balance. Eventually boundaries blur between the external and internal, between the material and ethereal but to start with, with senses externalised, attention goes outward, looking at myriad objects. Duality. The singularity within is neglected, which is enabled in meditation or simply in silence.

Once the inner polarity of senses is awakened and thoughts are still, we learn to feel, vibrationally. The aspect of consciousness that says ‘I am the doer’ ~ it recedes and we opt to connect rather than to grasp, to flow rather than to control. An orientation shift. It’s not that the work in the material world is not done but then we know that we are not doing it, just as we are not breathing ~ we are being breathed.

I’d certainly say that our priority shifts. There is no need to do meditation per say (that’s my individual opinion of course) since doing needs a doer and there is no one here. So instead, we become attuned to the flow of divine energy itself, as it pulsates here and now, within us in the physical body.

There is of course the question of awareness. How aware are we, how mindful? We do go through waking, dreaming and deep sleep and even in the waking state, are we awake and if so, awake in what manner? Tamas or inertia makes us stuporous … Then, how do we respond to the flow of life, moment, to moment? What is the way in which we look at other forms?

So, to come back to your question ~ no, we’re not avoiding waking life but now we shift from separateness to interconnectedness and then to oneness.

As soul climbs to new highs
That that never was, dies