View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
But Tony parsons isn't real either and doesn't speak the truth about non duality does he . He is just a dreamy character that speaks dreamy notions about reality .

There is nothing of any credibility behind the words is there by your own admission .

Passing me off to read material written by another is what other non dualists have done on this forum .

I was hoping to simply get some straight answers from you but no worries, I will leave it there . It's no big surprise to be honest, like said, it's a general pattern of behaviour I experience in these instances .

If no-one is here and nothing written is the truth or even points to the truth then it doesn't matter what is said . Pointers are useless when all they do is point to more dreamy material .

This is partly why none of it makes any sense and holds any weight as a foundation of reality .

x daz x

I am sorry if you feel you have been passed off. That is not my intention so lets offer another invitation to the space I'm attempting to describe which is trancending the idea that truth/reality can be securely known. To illustrate this I offer The Parable of the Highwayman by S Kierkegaarde which was posted here some time ago under another thread which you may not have seen.

"Once upon a time in England a coach was held up by a highwayman. "Your purse sir" said the brigand which the passenger duly handed over. The highwayman dumped his hat, coat and wig in a ditch and rode off to the next town. A beggar dressed himself with them and made his way to the town where the passenger identified him as the robber and put him on trial.

The Highwayman was present and, with the courts permission, put on the wig, hat, and coat, went over to the passenger and said "Your purse sir". The passenger said "This is the man that robbed me" but the trouble was that he had already sworn that the beggar was the robber.

And so it is with all who pay attention to the 'what' and not the 'how'. They venture life and limb, would hang themselves and others, all on account of the wig".

There may be much hidden in ditches (and elsewhere:) that contradicts what is believed to be a discovered truth based on this or that so called evidence.

It seems that the position you take is that of the passenger in the story who believes in Truth/Reality and he wants to believe he knows the truth/reality of the situation, but is completely wrong. Following the message of the story, there may also be something hidden from the Highwayman which contradicts his version of the Reality/Truth of the situation. The space Kierkegaard is inviting to be occupied is where there may always be something hidden that contradicts what is believed to be the Truth/Reality, so the Truth/Reality cannot be securely known and best be trancended/no longer required, so that what one resonates with can be accepted but no longer has to be the truth/reality.

Relating this story to nonduality would mean that the manifestation including us and this nonduality story, is Oneness manifesting as an illusion of separation, and that there can be a resonance with this idea without it having to be Reality/Truth.

This may not help but is an indication that you are not simply being passed off.