View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Master
I am hesitant to use the word enlightenment anywhere in reference to Kashmir Shaivism concepts because the definition of such enlightenment in the modern world falls much shorter of the higher realizations stated in trika, pratyabhijna and in KS. A state of calm mind or attaining early samadhi levels of silence like savikalpa or nirvikalpa samadhi states, or in some cases just a mere perception or basic understanding of awareness with some heart opening is considered as 'enlightened' or fully awakened state these days. In the framework of Kashmir Shaivism, they are not even at the Purusha level. This is just the 25th layer in KS. But many traditions stop right there and think this 25th layer is the highest state and declare 'it's done' and the person has attained moksha. They don't go all the way up to the 36th layer of Shiva and to even beyond to realize the state of Paramashiva.

Well, how can a person who has not penetrated or overcome the maya-layer or opened the veils (kanchukas/cloaks) to truly realize that we are beyond time, space and limitations, claim they have the full realization? Yet, we see this happening everywhere these days just because it is the new fashion to say, "You know what, I read a book and went to a talk and I am spiritually awake now!". Then they go on to describe enlightenment is simple (it is truly even simple, but not what they think it is!!!), there is nothing mystical or magical about it. Essentially, they are discounting their own true nature, their own luminosity in ignorance. They either fail or refuse to see that their true nature is beyond any and all limitations. Each one of them can reach the state of realize they are none other than Shiva and can create worlds of their own at will with the iccha shakti (power of will). Such statements may shock and terrify those who think they are already done and enlightened, they think whoever states this is behind powers or siddhis. My dear friends, we don't have to go running behind and seeking powers or siddhis, this is not about that. The veil of the maya is powerful indeed, but when it does come off with the anugraha/divine grace, we realize our all powerful and unlimited true nature. The force of maya makes us feel small and limited, even confine our ideas of enlightenment to a limited state of inner silence. Without realizing the worldly ego is now replaced by some residual spiritual ego, some go on to conclude they are done and start to even teach others!

It is not possible to penetrate or overcome the maya tattva and to realize one's true nature without the divine grace or anugraha, no matter how advanced a person is (or think how advanced they are).