View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I left out golfing and investments and schedules in general.
NO true caring for the person....one MD's own admission.
There are people, and there are people, in every profession. Even among politicians, priests, gurus, journalists, ... :)

I read some place, can't remember where, that from spiritual point of view the worst professions are journalists, priests, and lawyers. The statement stuck in my mind, but unfortunately later I couldn't trace back where I read it (although I vividly remember where in the page that statement was!)

If you think of the amount of pain and suffering an MD has to face everyday, you realize that they couldn't do their jobs if they get emotional, and they couldn't have a life, and a family if they didn't distance themselves from their jobs. They are taught to distance themselves from the patient and focus on the illness and on what they can do.

Money wise, medical school, professional insurance cost outrageously, and the social importance of the work done by MDs is extremely high. That doesn't mean that they should be put on a pedestal either.

There are others disproportionally paid more.

I dislike more those who sell hope.

It's always difficult to put yourself in somebody else's shoes.

Disclaimer: I am no MD, and have no other personal acquaintance with any MD except a 29 year old niece that just graduated psychiatry.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.