View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Experiencer
You are such a good and kind husband to your wife! Wow! You are much more spiritual than you give yourself credit to have this approach to the situation.

My quick take is that her TF mirrors her in a unique and almost mystical way, so right now she is learning whole new layers of herself for the first time - both the delightful aspects and the wounds that still need healing.

I think it is very possible for you to continue in your marriage as long as you know that this TF thing isn't a rejection of you, it isn't her wanting polyamorous relationship (not necessarily - my hunch is not). But it is an opportunity for her to dive deeper into her self.

The rejection of the man is part of this process and part of her agony... it is a reminder of how she was rejected in childhood in certain ways, and how she abandoned herself, at least at some point in her life. So don't take her anguish personally. It isn't caused by you and it can't be healed by you (or her TF) and only herself. She sounds insightful enough to realize that her stirred up feelings of longing can't be healed by this man ... this is another good sign for your marriage to continue.

If you love each other and want to stay together you certainly can. Good luck.