View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:42 PM
Pathfinder

Since I was about 7 years old, I had considered death an old friend to meet at the end of a journey... Kind of an extremely mature thought for a child and I never dared to tell it to anyone... Here, in this forum is a first...

My own fear of dying came from the fact that should I have died earlier than some very old age, the loved ones I would leave behind (such as my parents) would be devastated... and I could not stand that...

later on when I witnessed my first funeral, my great grandma (which was 90something) had passed away... I considered death a sweet release because she was very fragile and unable to take care of herself... everybody else was crying but I felt relieved... her soul was not a prisoner of that body anymore...

Another "face" of death was revealed to me when I witnessed the decline of health of a child that was an acquaintance of ours... had a serious neurological disorder and passed away when he was 20 I think... That death was sad...

I would not consider death beautiful... death is a concept/idea/cosmic action that invokes a feeling...
sadness, terror, release, emptiness, even happiness...

Death comes at different time to different people, and causes different feelings... for a child/youth it brings great sadness because you sense that they missed all the things they could do should they had the opportunity to stay here...
for someone old, it is mostly a feeling of emptiness, but also a recognition that their time had finally come... a full life with all the memories and lessons to carry on their next journey.

To my ever-growing mind, it is always a long-lost friend that will come and greet me when the time is right to accompany me to the start of my next journey... Contrary to belief, I find "him" quite charming and not at all frightening... I quite enjoy his jokes too... and... he is a most excellent companion...