View Single Post
Old 21-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I have had chats with folk that swear black and blue that non conceptual pointers are the truth of what was realised .
Hey Teds :) Well...I agree "ultimate truth" is not something any of us can ever definitively lay claim to, that's for certain.

I do wonder however if perhaps some of the difference (not all, mind you) that we may encounter has to do with how folks experience their perceptions. What I mean is that when some folks, for example, say, "I had an NDE, or an epiphany" or "Jesus came to me", etc., and are asked to describe it (as best they can)...some say it was a feeling...there were no visuals, no tangibles. Or they say Jesus came as a presence...no visuals, no tangibles. Or, "I felt the presence of God" or "I spoke to God"...but there is no visual, no audio...nothing but the spiritual sense. As opposed to the "usual" senses.

I think this may actually be fairly common. But some of us are wired differently. We DO see and hear and can have some experience of touch and smell and taste and other senses in spirit. We do have access to "regular" communication in spirit, as well as illumination and direct or innate "speech". We may also do energy work which grounds us at a very fundamental level...IOW, we connect differently with spirit. I work with guides and mentors...I do not speak or work with or pray much to anything nameless or faceless. Sometimes, but not often.

For those of us who seek and often experience a very broad range of more concrete spiritual experiences, the experiences of others can seem very abstract or vague. Meaning, if I spoke to Jesus, he had to show up for me and present himself somehow, and we had a face-to-face conversation And yes, I am not a christian but I did this on a few occasions. Being ageless in spirit (and clean shaven hahaha), Jesus is a shiny "youth" by appearance...who knew, right? LOL!!!

So...I wonder if the experiences of others may seem more foreign to some of us because they are experienced in a more abstract way. In my own experience, as you walk your path, you move to a more grounded place and speak based on deeply textured experiences...but it may be that even so, many folks may have a less concrete experience in spirit, more pure feeling or presence. For me, that would be profoundly foreign and alienating...but for many, it may be just the ticket (?) What do you think?

Quote:
As you can imagine conversations from this point on become weirder and weirder and insults cool of their tongue lol .

What I find is that peeps in these instances dig deeper and deeper and will hold onto to their beliefs whether one is in denial or not and continue to put another down .

This is the hypocrisy, the irony, the contradiction, that myself and others have pointed out who have experienced the same abuse .

Is this the behaviour of someone who proclaims they know Self and oneness .. and all that jazz . Of course not .

This is why some become so blinded by their own expression, that they cannot even see how it actually looks .

x daz x
Agreed that things have got really weird all over. Also that, no matter what, it is always all about lovingkindness, for certain. For me, this gets back to being grounded(Be Here Now and Be Love Now, per Ram Dass) so that we can more easily be true to who we are at centre. And so that we can be steadfast and stout of heart, resist the changing whims and taking out any momentary or unkind moods on others.

Peace & blessings Teds
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke