View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 02:38 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
One of the most controversial scriptures found in the Bible is Exodus 6:3. In the King James Bible it reads:

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

It is the latter part of this scripture that is controversial. The name was known or ...... was it? Or was the writer trying to express some 'other' point? Is there any explanations of why this sentence was written this way?

Jehovah God wanted his Name known to the people he chose as his people. ALL believed in a God, many just didn't know his Name. they were surrounded by MANY false gods and false worshippers. since Jehovah wanted to rescue his people from Egypt. he now wanted to give them a Name. instead of him be called the God of Israel. this would separated them from those of the nations that were worshipping false gods.

some had believe this verse ,(Exo.313,14 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you'"). meant that this was God's name, but it's NOT a name, these are words!

Jehovah God had meanings to these words. and his meaning was that he would become or be what he chooses. as we can see from Exodus 6:3 he gave them a NAME. now of course "JHEOVAH" in an English version, is represented by the four Hebrew consonants יהוה. This translation renders those four letters, known as the Tetragrammaton, “Jehovah.” MANY believe it is Yahweh ,and it could be. but since there were no vowels in those times. we don't know what the true Name is. and we won't know until he rid this world of satan and ALL who refuse to follow in Jesus steps. peace