View Single Post
Old 21-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Can you trace your deep sense of self-rejection back to any specific events when you were growing up?
For example, did your parents or teachers make comments which made you feel that you were unworthy, bad, stupid, or simply not good enough?.....
This for sure!!! ^^^^
These things are inner child (childhood) traumas and these do not go away with affirmations as the impact is too great.
So do inner child work (Google and see if you can find something that works for you, there's also books on inner child work & healing).

What you can also do is start working with a mirror. Really look at yourself in the mirror (face) and look yourself in the eyes. Start saying something that you really like. Your hair, or your eyes, or your teeth, or all of these. If difficult, maybe just a freckle.
Keep doing this, EVERY time you look in the mirror and make sure you do that a lot!
Build it up from there... I'm a nice/caring/good/positive/strong/resilient/.../... (choose what applies most, or all) person... the slowly move to "I like myself!" to "I like you!" and build that up until you can look into your eyes and say "I love you!"

And again, do that a helluva lot!!
But don't forget the underlying childhood issue(s) as that won't easily go away and will otherwise keep surfacing.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-07-2021 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Admin has asked 2-3 sentences when quoting others