View Single Post
Old 17-07-2021, 07:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Personality Types with Relationships

I've been exploring my own personality and how it relates to my interactions with people in general, and obviously effects romantic relationships.

I feel presumptuous to self categorize, but after taking several personality tests, it seems I fall into the INFJ category. In a way it makes me feel less hopeless in my journey to find my person, and sometimes makes me feel even more so.

Combine that with being a Scorpio sign and someone very sensitive to the moods and emotions that people give off I often eliminate men before I've even met them as potential mates, because I know our entire story in an instant. All the men I've had significant relationships with, I knew in the moment I heard them, or sensed them, or met eyes with them that they were mine. When I think back I can even say with confidence that I knew in the instances before they were actually there that I knew they were. So why should I accept a different outcome in the future?

The hang-up, and the subject of my other posts, is the man I was in a relationship with for over a decade. Of all of the whims or relationships I have had he was the only one that crept into the deeper part of my personality and understood it. I constantly struggle with wondering if he was a rest stop for my soul or the final destination, even though we have been apart for a while now, the connection has not faded.

Between being a unique weirdo, a Scorpio, and a true believer in twin souls, I fear that I may be out of luck on this life plain.

I don't know if I have a real question here, maybe just looking for people that can relate? Whether it is as a personality, or someone that questions the relationships that they have coming and going, I find I lack people that understand except for the person that is currently not by my side.