View Single Post
Old 26-09-2020, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I think that people who are proud that they never kiss *** are somehow lacking in self respect. They (we) cannot see that reverence and respect is not "kissing ***" or "brown nosing", it's a soul to soul connectivity in the natural order.

Someone used the term brown nosing on this forum recently, and you'd have to realize that this type of language and lingo emanates from school days; reflects that mindset and level of immaturity.

To your original post, it's a way of seeing and encouraging people to see what really matters is not "achievement" or "attainment" but the love and kindness that one can embody and hopefully manifest through this life. It's a very kind way of relating.

I respect that you may see it differently.

JL

Agree with JL.

And I was sufficiently curious to look for the origins of the term "brown-nosing", and I found the following:

Brown-nose came into use in the 1930s in the American armed forces, and is based on the image of the servile position of sticking one's nose into someone's anus. Surprisingly, though the idiom has a vulgar origin, the term brown-nose or brownnose is not currently considered to be a vulgar term.

I live and learn.

Peace