View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 09:10 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I agree....But I have a comment.
Remember some people's brain's
have a serotonin imbalance - women their hormones.
Once corrected, voila.

The brain is an organ---it gets out of whack and needs some help sometimes.
Exercise releases endorphins, it helps - at least temporarily.

But, I agree liver cancer, kidney failure, arteriosclerosis would be 'not being aligned' - so illness results.
(Since health is alignment.)
Could that be what you mean?
I agree with everything you said, but depression is an illness.

Neurologically, a depressed person "brain to body" connections are "slowed down". For example, let's say you're hungry, you naturally go and cook something for yourself. You just do it, you don't actually think of the gestures you'll have to perform and such.

A depressed person will want to do it, just like a non-depressed person, but the depressed person's brain is transmitting the signals to the body very slowly, and therefore the bit of light, aka trying to get up, move on, have a nice meal, takes too much time to happen, and dark thoughts get back on stage, litteraly blocking you from go and cook, because your mind went back in "dark pattern mode".

Therefore, one cannot get off their *beeeep* on their own, except extremely rare cases, maybe luck, maybe incredible will, who knows.

Antidepressants get the brain back to "normal rate mode", while benzodiazepines help keeping at bay dark thoughts. When antidepressants were "invented", doctors obviously gave those away like candy, willing to help but clearly misinformed. Then, depressive patients were able to act again, except their dark thoughts were still there ! So you can imagine what these people did... Until the whole thing was given a second thought, and add benzodiazepines to it.

All that is completely useless without the help of a psychologist/psychiatrist. The drugs fight the symptoms, but you need someone by your side, leading you to the core of what tears you apart !

Be well y'all