View Single Post
Old 19-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Knower

Greenslade!

First I must thank you for this post. very thorough, and you raise great points and questions. I don't pretend to know all answers, so I will address what I can.

First with regards to dementia and your wife's condition too.
(my kind sympathies for both)
My answer is, I don't know! lol

With a degenerative disease like dementia, I've never heard that energy healing reverses this. maybe at best it can either help slow down progression, or help deal with some of the emotional side affects like paranoia.
This may happen with soothing specific chakras that overactive as a result of other chakras weakening with the condition.

So the healing doesn't heal the condition, so much as the patient's experience and responses to it. (I'm speculating, so please don't take me for science)

With damaged brain cells, I also don't know, because frankly I have no reading or experience here.
What I do know, is that the brain has a capacity to re-charge certain functions in other parts not originally responsible for them, as a way of compensating. I'm sure this is a very case by case scenario too.

Energy healing promotes the person's immune system. the battery is theirs, the healing charges it with a stronger voltage. maybe energy healing can help promote this. maybe it can reintroduce life to damaged areas. I honestly don't know.
And like you say. (with any kind of patient) the willingness and cooperation of the person in the healing is necessary, otherwise, you are right, energy healing will not do it.

Now to psychological disorders. because here I have a bit more experience.
again. you are right. I totally agree!

the healer must address and understand the psychiatric and psychological condition, the traumas that trigger, and so forth.
based on this knowledge, then I know which chakras to work with, and more importantly in which order to work on them, how to work on them, and the different entry points which are safe.
1- the order alters, and is very important
2- the how also alters.
I'll explain a bit of each below.

a- order of healing
sometimes, starting at the wrong place can incite an immediate panic attack or other violent reactions, especially if many of the traumas are located or unprocessed within there.

> my experience with conditions is that they almost have a mind of their own, and they are 'self seeking'. schizophrenia is an intelligent disease, that infuses into the personality, uses the person's strengths and weakness to maintain and augment itself.
> so when you approach it with healing, it can reject or respond violently. it wants itself and will protect itself.

> therefore entry point has to be from a place (chakra) where the 'self-sustaining sickness' has not taken over completely, and the healthy person's survival and self preservation natural instinct is still intact, or present enough that it will rise to the knock. this chakra will welcome the energy, and allow it to flow in, no resistance, or minimal and then relenting.

> issues deep rooted in one chakra spill over to other chakras and create 'neurosis'(lets call it that) there too. when we work around the rest of the energy body, we find these 'entanglements and congestions' between one chakra to the next, and cleanse the shape and pathway of the connection between them first. otherwise, no matter how I work at just the chakra, the flow from the traumatized source is the same, and the transferred fears just return because its the same road, still there, same flow and pathway.
> this is only possible if I've become aware of the psychology of their condition. the patient history, etc.
is the trauma family triggered, money, or war, or sexual, etc and then its manifestations > even if the source chakra is the same, the way it affects other chakras will be different. even if it is all the same chakras, they function and connect differently.

the above knowledge will also give me the how:
energy healing has different approaches, and one can go quite deep inside a chakra, if one knows how to.
I accidentally know how to go super deep, because my intuition with healing has been quite strong. (I once stepped into the whole chakra, but this was one of my best friends who just lost her dad and her mourning had additional painful elements other than loss. anyhow. I would advice against this. lol. but yes we can go quite deep- only if the chakra allows us in)
this is more likely when the healed has a trusting relationship with the healer. (I'll come back to this in a bit too)
and when we get deep, we can touch on the 'cracked' and 'soiled' anatomy and work with. (very carefully though)

also,
the how is not only the depth into a chakra that we go, in fact that's less important than technique.
in Pranic they teach two techniques, cleansing and energizing.
and while these represent the two basic functions, I have discovered that you can massage a chakra, slow or speed a rotation, and also that the speed of my own hand while I rotate can have different response. sometimes I move really slow, sometimes I only work the surface... it really is a custom approach.

I've worked with different individuals with psychiatric conditions. the closest range one, where I was able to learn and 'experiment' with the healing was my best friend. I lived with her for some months during a psychosis episode.
First, because I've known her for all our life, I know much of her background story. also, as per our closeness, we have discussed while she was sober her conditions, and I had learnt from her a lot.

so when I was living with her during one of the episodes, I realized that many of the hallucinations, paranoia, fears, the fights and demons she sees, I realized I could relate all of them to her childhood trauma. the nature of hallucinations tell us something. we cannot dismiss them. I even listened to them in a way to enlighten me to which chakras to work with, and emotions to deal with.

I learnt to talk to her chakras. let them see me as the person who she has always trusted. this allowed me in better. and perhaps it was this trust factor that helped facilitate the healing on a deeper level?

I also was in constant contact with her psychiatrist. we discussed medication, among other details, and I would consult him regularly.

sometimes the job of the healing is to reduce the stress and anxiety and fear which aggravates the condition. even if the healer cannot 'go deep' as to access it. they can soothe the side effects, which when soothed, helps the patient deal with the issue.

I wish medicine and spirituality can come together on this.
I do believe in the total approach, and yes, healers need to up to their knowledge with this respect. so do therapists in turn perhaps?
I am still young in my practice, and still not connected to the facilities or bodies where proper research and collaboration is possible.
What I give you above is from my experience, consolidated or rather then explained with the knowledge I gain as I read along.
The question is how can we bring our practice together for the benefit of a community with the power to enlighten us, for how open their crown can be, but are stunted, for how hurt their history is.

I apologize if I went on too much. I do hope this enlightens in a way.
this is a topic I'm very interested in, and a genre of study in energy healing I want to advance and find out more in.
I wonder if the experience had was personal and singular for the unique nature of my friendship, or in fact, the practice can be studied and applied 'clinically'.
Note that during my stay with her, and regular practice, she recovered faster than previous episodes, with a 3rd of the prescribed medication dose.

ok. I stop now. looking forward to what you will make of this.

Thank you again!!!

Fats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
When I was working in mental health, the project I was working on was empowerment for the users of mental health services as a half-way house of sorts, the aim was to provide supportive work environments to people with mental health issues who had been through the system and were returning to 'normal' - using that word very loosely. My job was providing computer training and support in graphics, desktop publishing and web design. At the time we had two other major projects within the organisation with the same aims, both of which my group were involved with in a support and marketing role. One was a shop and the other was an arts and crafts workshop that created goods which were sold in the shop.

One of the things we were looking at - because at the time our projects were 'experimental' and we involved the service users every step of the way - was looking at was, given their individual issues, what would benefit them and what were their issues/experiences in the context of the aims and objectives of the projects.

We were having much the same results as you mention, generally, because we had sometimes groups of people with a range of mental health issues, and we worked very closely with the care services - we had to understand their conditions and how they would manifest in the individual because not only did we have to provide a conducive environment, we had a duty of care to provide that could only come from understanding their individual issues, and how they would relate to external stimulus. People improving through therapy is human nature but the main factor is not the therapy itself but the person receiving the therapy. If the client has the will to be healed then they'll be far more responsive, because there are psychological processes at work there. Being either unwilling or in denial will most likely mean that the person will never be healed no matter how deep the Reiki is.

Holistic healing doesn't always meaning holistic, because many that have used the word in the past - and we did work with Reiki practitioners and the like - had no interest in the clinical aspects. It's only by understanding the clinical aspects that you gain a more comprehensive understanding of mental health. So with respect, unless you're going into the depths of mental health issues, how they are caused and how they can affect an individual then you're still on the surface. I also have schizophrenia/am dissociative myself so I also understand it from that perspective - my personality was 'fractured' by years of physical and mental abuse, which caused trauma that affected me long into adulthood. It's only in the past few years that I've gone through cognitive behaviour therapy that I've actually felt any kind of relief, because for it it tool a 'dismantling' of my cognitive processes so they could be rebuild.

In my experience, unless you're delving into both conscious and unconscious 'subsystems' and cognitive functions then 'deep' is a relative term. My own traumas originated in my Limbic System, which is what is dubbed as the 'lizard brain'. If there is a single factor that is responsible for the animals that came out of the trees reaching the safety of caves before they were munched out of existence, the Limbic System is it. Often that is the origins of trauma because the circumstances that cause trauma - which is an emotional response created by our cognitive processes - can be perceived as a threat to survival.

I've had a very similar conversation with a Reiki practitioner earlier in this thread and I asked them a question that remains unanswered. My mother has sever dementia and is now paranoid that someone is out to get her. My wife had a stroke which caused a brain bleed, that has left her with a change in personality and loss of long-term memory dues to areas of her brain being dead. How can Reiki or any non-clinical healing modality cure those? I had a couple of clients that went into psychotic episodes because of chemical imbalances in the brain, and depending on the individual those imbalances can cause schizophrenia.

This whole subject has always been very polarised in the past, and it seems as though little real progress has been made because the same patterns of discussion simply repeat over and over. So many people are very keen to wax Spiritual about mental health issues, few have any real knowledge or experience of them. The only real way it's going to change is if Spiritual people start delving into psychiatry and psychology, and in this subject in particular mental health issues.
Thank you, very much so.

“Extraordinary magic is woven through ordinary life. Look around!”
― Amy Leigh Mercree