View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 09:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Thinking that we may find it useful to consider the possibility of the sub conscious functioning as the guardian and initial administrator of a foundation blueprint aiding transition from non-being to being after birth.
Added as edit:-

It would be a major evolutionary shift, if, in the model as suggested, the role of the subconscious were to be expanded to being concerned not only for the welfare of an individual "self" but also for a collective "self". Perhaps compassion is en route?

well there is probably some of that going on,,, but I feel that in the subconscious there is also some fear of the unknown, and especially a fear of anything that might lead to 'death'. So such a guardian role would end up alternating between trying to guide and trying to protect. It might not be able to find optimal conditions for expression of self within the context of what it knows, so it would be very much a tradeoff, considering what was thought was reasonably possible against what was thought was desirable.

I also think that not all people think in the same way, at a gross level we have 'males' and 'females' who think differently from each other. And there are probably less obvious distinctions in thought processes... so I don't find it hard to believe that some people might be very interested in the idea of a 'collective self' where as others would deny the idea. In fact I think that things like this is where most of our troubles lie, everyone wants what THEY believe to become the defacto standard for what EVERYONE should believe so that they can feel comfortable and get the most possible credence for believing it... for example those who might believe in a collective self might want everyone to believe in a collective self and the ones who don't might want everyone not to... but there is a strong balance such that neither side can reach their desired end point without things swinging back the other way. The unending friction makes the world go round.