Thread: Evil?
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Good way to look at it. The Q then become 'bondage' ('slavery') to what, to being to ? To being 'driven' or 'dominated' by what?

Self-(ego)-interest I would say.

In the myth, Lucifer (a/k/a Satan) just couldn't stand being subordinate, i.e. not being 'Number One'.

He responded to the 'failure' of his 'rebellion' in said regard by becoming 'vengeful' and willfully aiming to desecrate Life. This is the kind of 'evil' I think Jyotir/Aurobindo spoke of.

P.S. IMO, self is actually a necessary (and potentially beneficial) tool/means for serving the 'cause' (meaning purpose) of Life which (I think) is to maximally experience and express Love and Joy in relationship to and with others (who in combination constitute Life's Being-n-Doing).

It is when 'self' rebelliously runs rampant (goes 'crazy' and puts its 'own' Love and Joy 'ahead' of that of co-related others) that Life ends up being dis-severed and de-secrated.

For all the 'damage' it does, 'evil' is a short-sighted and ultimately pathetic 'rebellion', however. As the myth accurately (IMO) portrays, in terms of 'its' goals', it is 'doomed' to eventually 'fail'. (What's more, it also inadvertently ends up serving Life' purpose, as it 'wakes up' those who are positively relational at heart to what not to 'fall' for!)

Bondage is the same whether we are in bondage or we place someone else in bondage. Notwithstanding people who are a danger to themselves or others, in my opinion, need to be locked up in either a mental health or correctional facility.

I visited inmates on death row at a prison and they seemed mentally and emotionally freer than some people who were living freely in society. I have spoken to military veterans who had been P.O.W.’s and some of them told me that while their body was imprisoned their mind was free.

So bondage as I see it is more mental and emotional than it is physical. Bondage is and illusion because it is illusive, it comes and goes. While freedom is a natural state of our soul, and everlasting state.

As far as Satan is concerned, if there be such and entity that entity was created by God. I know the story that he was once and angel who disobeyed God. But in my opinion he still works for God. As God has dominion over all, including heaven and hell, to use Christian references. In this respect what we call “evil” most likely serves a Godly purpose.

As I see it, the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. It’s like pictures that used to have a negative. The picture was a positive representation while the negative was devoid of appearances. But today most still pictures are digital without negatives. Yes, I would agree, we place ourselves in bondage, especially if we are referring to internal bondage.