View Single Post
Old 15-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak
It wasnt that he was a danger to himself or others, he had never been medicated(Or he lied about it, most likely not) and I didnt try to cure him from some mental illness, the main reason for the reiki session was to let go off old emotions/stagnant energy, which he also did but an uncontrolled rate/speed. Lessons learned.

The reason I asked the question about what you think would be a suitable approach for a treatment of people who are considered to be mentally ill is because you obviously have another perspective on this and other experiences and I thought it would be interesting to get to know more about what you think its optimal as treatment, speculative/hypothetical ofcourse.
Also I thought by refering to schitzophrenia and psychosis in my posts that it was clear thats what I was asking about, obviously it was not and I will try my best to be more specific/precise in the future.

That there are no viable alternatives to modern medication without doing harm in the examples you provided(the last two) is not something I will ever allow myself to believe and I truly hope that fear will not stop people from trying different things. Having only the option of drugs or no drugs+withdrawal from drugs is most likely a culprit of these horror stories that seem to seep into every nook and cranny of the internet(I believe you ofcourse, thats not my point)

For anti-psychotic drugs there is a side effect that reduces the gray matter in the brain starting about 2 years or so of medicating with a high enough dosage. Was a couple of years ago I read about that specific side effect so dont quote me on it but im certain its something like that, I talked with a guy who sell those drugs and he said the gray matter is not something you need anyway.
Might aswell remove all of it at once then to get some more headspace, and then the spleen also perhaps.

This is a Major(emphasis on the Major) drug industry and if I where to find a solution which always worked and everyone could stop medicating then both the solution aswell as myself would most likely dissapear.
"Permanent paranoid illusion label imminent"

Not having the knowledge about what kind of medication to put someone on who displays certain behaviors is not something I consider a requirement to be able to discuss this topic.
I know enough to see that further knowledge in that direction is not something Im interested in actively pursuing, I do enjoy reading a post about it or having a quick back and forth at most, hence why I asked you questions.

Also, I will not take any responsibility for other peoples triggers(especially those im not aware off) but I will say that I meant no harm in anything I wrote, at all. Well wishes:)
One of the problems of dealing with this kind of thing is that unless you spend a lot of time getting to the root of the issue and what caused it, you really don't know what's hidden in the darkness. And that's what will bite you on the backside if you're not very careful. Often mental health issues operate at a very primal level and sometimes to the stage of being animalistic, so if you trigger someone you could well trigger deeply-rooted animal instincts that the person has no control over. I've also talked to people who were nothing more than 'internal observers' while their instincts took full control of their actions. If people have old emotions then the chances are that if they haven't let go of them, then they're very deeply rooted and most likely caused by a response to trauma. Trauma can be caused by cognitive dysfunction and that 'operates' at a deeper level than any energy healing can reach, and in many cases it can go back to early childhood. Mental health issues caused by cognitive dysfunction aren't something that can be healed by Reiki or anything else, the cognitive framework needs to be 'dismantled' detail by detail.

People can 'own' their deep-rooted emotions top the point of those emotions being as much a part of them as a limb. Your Reiki can be causing them damage as far as the primal instincts are concerned, even though they've given full, conscious consent, and sometimes the survival instincts can kick in in very unpredictable and violent ways. As for you not taking responsibility for other people's triggers that you're not aware of, very often people are not aware they have any themselves. What I would say is that if you don't take into account that there is a real possibility that they could have very deep-rooted issues that may be triggered then that is your ethical responsibility. The more deep-rooted or stagnant their emotions, the more likely they are to be triggered.

Every drug has its side effects but what needs balanced is the nature of their particular issues, and sometimes the side effects of drugs is a small price to pay when the option is being trapped in your body and having no control as the mind and body goes full psycho on your family. These things happen. For someone who is being plagued by internal demons - and the demons are very real to them - then withdrawal fro drugs or side effects can be a small price to pay.

With respect, you really need to understand what you're dealing with first at the level it's actually happening at, otherwise all you're going to do is cause more damage than you can handle. If you're going to work with people's deep emotions and the like then you need to be looking at cognitive behaviour therapy because that tackles the root problem and changes perceptions. As far as this is concerned, Reiki only deals with the surface layers. I do understand what you're doing and frankly I have respect for people who are actively seeking to help others. It's in that vein that I will say you really do have much to learn yourself as far as this is concerned, and sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.