View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 02:39 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Gone are those days when I'd lie in bed in the deep hours of the night and try to imagine absolute nothingness. Sometimes I think I succeeded and was then frustrated that I couldn't carry such a thought process through to be able to imagine a stirring of this nothingness. It was quite clear to me that anything which did stir would be the opposite of nothingness but why should it take on the form of the world in which we experience here-ness.

Eventually I started to think about music, about sound. My imagination led me to envision that, and I still do, we are living in a sort of octave - so to speak. This octave, or octaves do of course represent density, the heaviness of the base and the climb through the octaves to the higher state (as the goal of everything spiritual - whereby for me I try to avoid the word god - for many reasons). These are all pictures in the mind but music lends itself well to such thoughts.
This climb through the octaves could be embedded in evolution, the transcendence through densities towards climbing up the ladder of experience.
Maybe, I thought, we humans, today, evolved through evolution, are all in the same octave. Each of us at a different level, taking a position in which we fit best - just like a part of the concerto played by the flute. We play the instruments and the noise we make is the world around us, its heaviness or lightness depending upon the tune we are playing.

Before the orchestra starts to play there is absolute silence, nothingness so to say, and then after the first note, one produced by the mind, a whole symphony comes into being.

Liked ....