View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It must have taken me many lifetimes. I finally feel that I have understood the basic principles of all the different interpretations of reality. Traditional Christianity (not Gnosticism) is probably my favourite which is why I pray to Christ and am an aspiring Christian.

I have understood the basic principles of I AM, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, Paganism, Taoism and Christianity. And all the bits in between.

My favourite version is that we as a race have fallen from grace and our Father sent Jesus to save us. I place my trust in Jesus Christ.

I have long been of the opinion that we have no idea of what we are talking about when we expound and expand our utterances. All those hooks we grab when thinking about life, when talking about beliefs, when attempting to promise ourselves all sorts of futures, when discussing those things which we have pictured in our heads, when drawing conclusions from history whether religious or secular - all lead to confusion.

This confusion is created by our assumptions that we know certain things about 'life' and the many forms it takes. We back these beliefs up (whatever they may be) by giving things names such as 'soul' truth' 'spirit' 'love' 'God' and all the rest while having nothing to go on other than that which we believe 'could be'.

The Archbishop of Canterbury knows no more about the world in which we live as does a rice planter in Vietnam. All these 'things' that we know depend simply upon our own suggestions and how they fit into the lives we
experience daily. Those experiences we have which we see as being important in our lives can often be fitted into the concepts we've been developing since the moment of our birth. If we cannot fit them into the picture we have built then we refute them and so ignore any feedback they may give.

We all interpret reality in such a way that it fits in with our concepts.
8 Billion individual persons on this planet and each one's concept is valid.

There is no 'truth', that is separate from us, everything is true.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.