View Single Post
Old 29-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for the positive response.

I read through several of your posts within some relevant threads (following a chain of links that you'd posted). In one of those, there was a comment about the 'god within'. Not sure how relevant this is now (conversation went in a different direction).

I don't generally like repeating phrases, but I'll repeat that the documentation of chakras isn't really the issue. What I think matters more is that for people who can see the subtle energies all describe similar things when viewing the chakras. They are there, even if people describe how they look a little differently. This isn't some interpretation of an energy transfer system that is malleable in how it functions. People have looked or been told how the chakras work, and the documents follow these principles; it's not a theory or concept that changes. Similarly, people may describe gravity a little differently, but gravity itself doesn't change. Chakras perform a specific role in a specific way. Forcing them to behave otherwise is more than likely to have detrimental effects.

There are a wide variety of energy centers within the body: chakras, meridians, and acupuncture points, and forms of energy; chi, ki, and prana to name a few. While there are some similarities between them, as a scientific concept, they aren't the same thing and each behaves differently. As an example, pranic healing differs from reiki because they each use a different form of energy that channels through different pathways.

While I can't say this with any certainty, I'd suspect that when people 'close off their chakras' or unify them, rather than adjusting their chakras, they're making making changes to another one of their energy systems. The chakras cannot function as a singularity or 1 core star energy center.

The mystery schools are by nature highly secretive. As such, their teachings and documents don't often reach the public eye. The knowledge they do share is provided to people who are of a certain level of spiritual evolution; which is another way of saying 'for people that have a need for it and are ready for it'. The reason for this is that there's a risk of people misinterpreting the wisdom and applying it incorrectly. And I say this specifically in reference to this 'closing the chakras' practice.

If this activity became more commonplace, the more spiritually evolved of humankind would become less so. This is where my 'evil' comment above came from. This misinformation has likely been propagated in an effort to stop people from evolving spiritually. The damage it does, if done to the chakras, would be profound.